Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer technology training-June 23rd

Today I learned about a tool to use in the classroom that will make my career as a teacher a little easier. The Activstudio is a large white board placed in the front of the room. It is completely computerized and can be worked on via the computer or through the special pen that comes with it. The pen allows you to do just about anything that you want it to do. We learned about flipcharts and the various tools that can help your flipcharts become excellent learning tools. I have to admit that I felt a little overwhelmed at first, but after doing a few quick exercises, I realized that just like with any other electronic gadget, practice makes perfect. Well, I need a lot of practice it seems! However, I have learned my iPod, my digital camera, and have even designed my own photography website. I guess what I am trying to say is that anything can be learned. The fear I have is not learning it quick enough because I am really excited about implementing it. With that said, I will make sure that I practice this Activstudio as much as I can. I feel that it will be very beneficial to me as a teacher. The more familiar I become, the more ideas I will be able to come up with to use it during class. I'm excited for tomorrow, though the room was very cold! Rachel is a great teacher. More tomorrow.......

No comments: